Consent and Disclaimer for Access to Smiths Medical’s Patient Testimonial Website
February 25, 2016
I hereby voluntarily and knowingly agree and do give my express consent to and authorization of:
1) The staff of Smiths Medical or other consultants working for Smiths Medical to prepare a text based on my experience with Smiths Medical branded products based on my submissions placed in the testimonial form.
2) The text that I have submitted accurately describes my experience;
3) I agree that Smiths Medical may edit the text that I have submitted;
4) I understand that Smiths Medical may publish and republish such text on the internet, on Smiths Medical’s intranet, in sales literature and training literature for Smiths Medical’s sales representatives and/or for other similar business purposes;
5) Smiths Medical may identify me by first name and/or professional title in conjunction with the use of the text;
6) I acknowledge that I have not received and will not receive any compensation for the production or use of these videos, still photographs, or quotations; and
7) The person granting consent below is eighteen years of age or older.
Smiths Medical may not further use my last name in conjunction with the use of the text.
If I am a resident of the European Economic Zone, to the extent that the Patient Testimonial will include any of my personal information, including, but not limited to, my likeness and my name, I consent to Smiths Medical transferring such information outside of the European Economic Zone and to disclosing such information in the manners described above. I understand that I may ask questions, and I acknowledge that all of my questions have been answered satisfactorily. I also understand that I may revoke this consent at any time by giving written notice to Smiths Medical, but that such revocation will not be effective with any use of my name, image, quotations or professional title prior to Smiths Medical’s receipt of such revocation.
By accessing this site, I acknowledge the understanding that certain particular products may not be licensed or available for sale and/or registered for use in any countries outside of the United States. Please read the Instructions for Use supplied with the product for detailed instructions, warnings and cautions. Smiths Medical ASD, Inc. maintains this website to enhance public access. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. This information is:
1. Of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
2. Not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
3. Not professional or medical advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Visitors to this site may use the site for informational purposes and are subject to these Terms. In addition, the resources provided in the Patient Testimonial and certain other areas of this Site are specific to and intended for medical professionals, suppliers and distributors that we serve. We reserve the right to discontinue access to this site at any time, without notice to you, for any reason.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free or that originated from sources other than Smiths Medical. We cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by technical or accuracy of data problems. Smiths Medical accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site.
With respect to the information available on this site Smiths Medical expressly excludes any representation or warranty (express or implied) to the fullest extent permitted by law. Smiths Medical accepts no liability for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages, or any lost profits, or other losses or damages of any kind, whether or not Smiths Medical is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Smiths Medical is part of the global technology business Smiths Group plc. © 2016 Smiths Medical. All rights reserved.