acapella® Duet Vibratory PEP Therapy System
- Not made with Natural Rubber Latex
Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilize secretions. PEP devices have been found to give independence to patients with chronic respiratory diseases as the therapy can be done when convenient for the patient and without the need for an assistant.
acapella® combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
With acapella® Duet, medication can be delivered simultaneously, saving time and effort for both clinicians and patients. Engineered with a built-in port for aerosolized medication via a small volume nebulizer, acapella® Duet allows convenient administration of bronchodilator or mucolytic treatments concurrently with vibratory PEP therapy, without the need for a tee adapter.
- Vibratory PEP therapy and nebulisation in one device saves time, effort and cost.
- Easily disassembled and reassembled for effortless and thorough cleaning by boiling, autoclaving, or in the dishwasher (top rack only).
- Can be used by the patient in any position
This product benefits the patient by:
- Allowing inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Accommodating virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Allowing use in any position - patient is free to sit, stand or recline
- Easy to clean
acapella® duet Vibratory PEP Therapy System
|007760||Portex® updraft medication nebuliser||50|
|27-9000||acapella® duet kit, includes acapella® duet, mouthpiece, Portex® SVN, oxygen tubing, collapsible flex tubing.||10|
|27-9001||acapella® duet and mouthpiece only||10|
This page was last updated: