1. FDA cleared 510(k) POWERWAND has shown in vivo to be thromboresistant with respect to both thrombus on the surface of the catheter and thrombus on the wall of the vein, based upon 72-hour canine jugular vein thromboresistance studies, This pre-clinical in vivo evaluation does not necessarily predict clinical performance with respect to thrombus formation
2. Warrington WG, Penoyer DA, Kamps T, et al. Outcomes of Using a Modified Seldinger Technique for Long Term Intravenous Therapy in Hospitalized Patients with Difficult Venous Access.
JAVA 2012; (17)1;24-31.
3. *Moureau N, Sigl G, Hill M. How to Establish an Effective Midline Program: A Case Study of 2 Hospitals. JAVA 2015; 20(3):179-188
4. Caparas JV, Hung HS. Vancomycin Administration Through a Novel Midline Catheter: Summary of a 5-Year, 1086-Patient Experience in an Urban Community Hospital. J Vasc Access 2017;22(1):38-41.
5. *DeVries M, Lee J. Infection free midline catheter implementation at a community hospital (2 years). American Journal of Infection Control 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2019.03.001.
6. Seo, H., Altshuler, D., Dubrovskaya, Y., et al (2020). The Safety of Midline Catheters for Intravenous Therapy at a Large Academic Medical Center. Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 54(3), 232–238. https://doi.org/10.1177/1060028019878794
7. Castro S, Allison R. Use of a Midline (Extended Dwell Catheter) Device Improves Patient Safety and Saves Costs Compared to PICCs. Poster presented at 2012 Association for Vascular Access Annual Scientific Meeting.
8. Bird D. The Power of Choice: Midline Catheter Improves Patient Safety and Comfort While Increasing Vascular Access Revenue and Productivity. Poster presented at 2012 Association for Vascular Access
Annual Scientific Meeting.
9. Caparas J. Staff Education/Training Aids Implementation of Advanced Midline Catheter. Poster presented at 2013 Infusion Nurses Society Annual Convention and Industrial Exhibition.
10. Baliad P, Peterson S. Midline Catheter Reduced Infiltrations for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Patients. Poster presented at 2013 Infusion Nurses Society Annual Convention and Industrial Exhibition.
11. Robbins JR, Phillips SA, Vanfosson CA. Implementation of a Midline Catheter for Burn Patients to Decrease Frequent Peripheral Sticks and Infection Risk. Poster presented at American Burn Association Annual Meeting, March 25-28, 2014, Boston, MA.
*M.D. and N.M. were paid consultants for Access Scientific, LLC. Smiths Medical acquired substantially all of the assets of Access Scientific, LLC, including the POWERWAND™ products, on May 13, 2020.