The Neoheel safety lancet is used to collect quality blood samples from infants for metabolic screening as well as glucose and other tests. Automatic retraction is designed to avoid needlestick injuries and cross-contamination exposure. The safety lancet produces less bruising1 and requires less punctures to obtain sufficient volumes of blood2. In addition, the arc shaped design reduces the number of heel puncture sites, time taken to complete the test and time the baby cries. The integral safety tab prevents premature activation while avoiding additional loose parts. Neoheel™ is available in four configurations which are based on the baby’s development level (Micro-Preemie, Preemie, Newborn, Toddler).
Please see instructions for use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
ICU Medical ASD, Inc.
6000 Nathan Lane North
Minneapolis, MN 55442
SteriLance Medical (Suzhou) Inc.
No.68 Litanghe Road, Xiangcheng, Suzhou, 215133, China
1. Glenesk A. et al. Blood spot testing: comparing techniques and automated devices. British Journal of Midwifery 2006 Feb;14(2):96-99
2. Vertanen H. et al. An automatic incision device for obtaining blood samples for the heels of preterm infants causes less damage than a conventional manual lancet. Arch Dis Child
Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2001;84(1):F53-5
Box quantity: 50
Minimum order quantity: 200
Shelf life: 5 years
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions
- Back-end needle and Luer permanently attached to the holder to assure compliance with OSHA directives.
- Provide safe needleless transfer after a syringe draw.
- Available separately or with Saf-T Wing® Blood Collection Sets.