acapella® DM & DH Vibratory PEP Therapy System
- Not made with Natural Rubber Latex
- Non Sterile
Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilize secretions. PEP devices have been found to give independence to patients with chronic respiratory diseases as the therapy can be done when convenient for the patient and without the need for an assistant.
acapella® combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilize pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. Color-coded units (green for high-flow, blue for low) help customize treatment for each patient based on their clinical needs. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
acapella® DM & DH Vibratory PEP Therapy System features:
- Blue-DM <15 lpm for 3 seconds
- Green-DH ≥15 lpm for 3 seconds
- Inspiratory Valve
- 22mm OD ambient end
- 22mm OD patient end
- Expiratory resistance dial
- Patented rocker mechanism
Use of acapella® DM & DH Vibratory PEP Therapy System has many benefits, including:
- Allows inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Prolongs expiratory airflow to increase removal of secretions
- Allows use with mask or mouthpiece attachment
- Allows use with inline nebulizer when fitted with tee adapter.
- Accommodates virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Can be used in any position - patient is free to sit, stand or recline
|20-0010||Pressure port, tubing & pressure indicator||10|
|20-0022||TheraPEP® Pressure port, tubing &amp; pressure indicator||20|
acapella® DH (Green)
|21-1530||acapella® DH w/mouthpiece||10|
|21-3530||acapella® DH w/pediatric mask||1|
|21-5530||acapella® DH w/medium mask||1|
|21-7530||acapella® DH w/large mask||1|
acapella® DM (Blue)
|21-1015||acapella® DM w/mouth piece||10|
|21-3015||acapella® DM w/pediatric mask||1|
|21-5015||acapella® DM w/medium mask||1|
|21-7015||acapella® DM w/large mask||1|
This page was last updated: