Incentive spirometers are used to help patients improve the functioning of their lungs.The breathing exercises are designed to help patients take long deep breaths, similar to a yawn. The deep breathing improves the ability to clear mucus from the lungs and may also increase the amount of oxygen getting into the lungs.
Coach 2® makes incentive spirometry easier for patients and clinicians alike
The one-way valve ensures patients inhale, rather than exhale into the unit. Highly-visible pistons and universal graphics (indicating correct inspiratory flowrate) help patients perform and monitor their own post-surgical breathing exercises without direct supervision. Other features include an O2 connection for supplemental oxygen, convenient handle, flexible popple tubing and bedrail holder.
- One-way valve
- Flexible tubing
- Brightly coloured piston
- Universal graphics
- Instructions for use in base
- Oxygen port
- Bedrail holder
- Coach® 2 For Kids patient handbook
- Single patient use
Box quantity: 12
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
This product benefits the patient by:
- Ensuring patients inhale, rather than exhale into the unit.
- Easily adjustable to suit each patients’ needs.
- The bright colour makes it easier to see for patients emerging from the effects of anaesthesia.
- Easy to train.
- Stays with the patient (can be used in hospital and/or in the home) , aiding compliance.
- Accommodates patients requiring supplemental oxygen.
- Saves space.
- Coach® 2 for Kids features colourful deep-sea characters, games, puzzles and stickers.