Positive Expiratory Pressure (PEP) therapy is used to mobilise secretions. PEP devices have been found to give independence to patients with chronic respiratory diseases as the therapy can be done when convenient for the patient and without the need for an assistant.
acapella® combines the benefits of both PEP therapy and airway vibrations to mobilise pulmonary secretions and can be used in virtually any position allowing patients to move freely and sit, stand or recline.
It improves clearance of secretions, is easier to tolerate than Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), takes less than half the time of conventional CPT sessions* and facilitates opening of airways in patients with lung diseases with secretory problems such as COPD, asthma and Cystic Fibrosis.. You can adjust the acapella® frequency and flow resistance simply by turning an adjustment dial.
acapella® Choice disassembles into four, easy-to-clean parts that withstand autoclaving, boiling, and dishwashing. Your patients get all the benefits of vibratory PEP therapy, in the home or hospital, with a convenient, easy-to-clean device (single patient use)
* Mahimeister MJ et al. "Positive-expiratory pressure mask therapy: Theoretical and Practical Considerations and a Review of the Literature", Respiratory Care, 1991
- Design: Works independent of orientation
- Design: Patient may inhale through device
- 22mm fitting: May use with mouthpiece
- Material: Autoclave-able and boilable
- Adjust frequency with numbered dial
This product benefits the patient by:
- Allowing inhalation and exhalation without removing from mouth
- Allowing use with mask or mouthpiece attachment
- Allowing use with inline nebuliser when fitted with tee adapter.
- Accommodating virtually any patient’s lung capacity.
- Allowing use in any position - patient is free to sit, stand or recline
- Easy to clean