Mini-Trach® II Seldinger enables the placement of a Mini-Trach cannula in the trachea utilising the Seldinger (guidewire) technique. This is intended to accurately guide the Mini-Trach cannula through the cricothyroid membrane, minimising bleeding, surgical emphysema and misplacement due to misalignment of tissue. The kit contains all the necessary components to perform a minitracheotomy.
Box quantity: 5
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
- Guarded scalpel allows midline incision to be made with minimal risk of damage to the posterior tracheal wall
- 2cm, 16G Tuohy needle to puncture the cricothyroid membrane and provide guidewire access to the trachea
- 10ml Syringe confirms correct placement of the needle by aspiration
- 50cm Flexible tipped guidewire to establish the cannulation route with the minimal of tracheal trauma
- 7cm Curved dilator enlarges the opening in the cricothyroid membrane for the smooth insertion of Introducer and Cannula
- Curved introducer aids introduction of the Cannula
- 4mm ID, thermosensitive, Blue Line Cannula
- Neck tapes for secure fixation of the Cannula to the neck
- 10F Suction Catheter. Low friction endobronchial catheter for initial suctioning following cannulation