Smiths Medical Announces Launch Of Portex® Tracheostomy Tubes And Kits
Tuesday January 14 2020
New tracheostomy tube improvements designed to meet patient needs
Smiths Medical, a leading global medical device manufacturer, announced today it has launched a new Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) tracheostomy tube portfolio to its family of tracheostomy tubes. When caring for a patient with a tracheostomy, a tube should be chosen to best suit the patient’s specific clinical need. The new tracheostomy tubes have options for a variety of patients.
"Our goal was to create tracheostomy tubes and kits designed to help clinicians provide the best patient care. We’re excited to offer a variety of tubes and kits that empower clinicians with the ability to practice their way and more importantly, meet their patients’ needs,” said Ellen Frenkel, Chief Marketing Officer.
The Smiths Medical BLUselect® tracheotomy tubes include the following new benefits:
- Tubes are available with or without inner cannula, cuffed or uncuffed, fenestrated or unfenestrated, and Suctionaid® for above the cuff suctioning
- Tubes and packaging are color-coded by size
- Laser printing on tubes cannot be altered by secretions or cleaning and include tube characteristics
- Solid color marking indicates the tube is non-fenestrated while checkered color markings indicate the tube is fenestrated
- Tube flanges are soft and bendable to improve patient comfort and simplify cleaning
The Smiths Medical BLUperc® and BLUgriggs® percutaneous tracheostomy kits and trays include the following new benefits:
- Kits and trays include everything needed to perform the procedure
- Single tray layout matches the steps in the clinical tracheostomy procedure and flow counter-clockwise for efficiency
- Kits and trays include a patented single-handed guidewire feeder that can be used by left or right-handed clinicians
Smiths Medical provides training videos, technique guides, and detailed instructional information for training clinicians on percutaneous insertion. For more information about our new tracheostomy tubes, kits and trays, visit www.smiths-medical.com/bluselect.
About Smiths Medical
A leading supplier of specialized medical devices and equipment for global markets, focusing on the medication delivery, vital care and safety devices market segments. For more information, visit www.smiths-medical.com.
About Smiths Group
A global technology company that has been operating for 160 years, delivering products and services for the medical technology, security & defense, general industrial, energy and space & commercial aerospace markets worldwide. Smiths Group employs c. 22,000 colleagues in over 50 countries and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. For more information visit www.smiths.com.
Contact: Smiths Medical Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Voge at 763-383-3111.