Acapella® Choice Blue PEP Therapy Device
The acapella® choice blue vibratory PEP device is for single patient use and provides positive expiratory pressure (PEP) therapy for patients who have Cystic Fibrosis, COPD, asthma, and lung diseases with secretory problems, and patients with atelectasis.
- Enhanced dial markings for easy resistance setting changes
- Aids in mobilization of retained secretions
- Prevents or reverses atelectasis1
- Reduces air trapping1
- Optimizes delivery of bronchodilators1
acapella® devices require 15-20 minutes of therapy time versus 20-40 minutes for traditional chest physiotherapy2. It may also be used simultaneously with nebulized aerosol drug delivery.
- Functional in any position – Trendelenberg, standing, or sitting
- Adjustable frequency and flow resistance settings
- Treatment can be performed in less than half the time of a conventional CPT session2
- Proximal medication nebulizer placement on the Acapella® delivers equivalent aerosol to the lung compared to use of nebulizer alone3
- Disassembly for easy cleaning and disinfection
- > 15 L/min expiratory flow requirement
1. Positive expiratory pressure – Common clinical applications and physiological effects. Fagevik Olsén, Monika et al. Respiratory Medicine , Volume 109 , Issue 3 , 297 - 307.
2. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Chest Physical Therapy. www.cff.org/life-with-CF/Treatments-and-Therapies/Airway-Clearance/Chest-Physical-Therapy. Pages 1-12.
3. Scintigraphic assessment of radio-aerosol pulmonary deposition with the acapella positive expiratory pressure device and various nebulizer configurations. Mesquita F.O.S., Galindo-Filho V.C., Neto
J.L.F., Galvao A.M., Brandao S.C.S., Fink J.B., Dornelas-de-Andrade A. (2014) Respiratory Care, 59 (3) , pp. 328-333.
acapella® choice blue vibratory PEP products
|27-8000||acapella® choice blue with mouthpiece
|27-8001||acapella® choice blue (individually boxed)||10/Ea|
This page was last updated: