Designed to permit repeated access to the venous system for the parenteral delivery of medications, fluids, and nutritional solutions and for the sampling of venous blood. Kits include: Portal, catheter, PORT-A-CATH® straight needle, blunt needle (except preassembled systems), and vein pick. Trays include: Portal, catheter, PORT-A-CATH® straight needle, blunt needle (except preassembled systems), vein pick, 18 ga extra thin wall introducer needle, “J” guidewire(s), vessel dilator/sheath introducer assembly, 90° PORT-A-CATH® needle, GRIPPER® needle(s), 2 syringes, and tunneling tool.
Box quantity: 1
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
- Light weight durable titanium portal reservoir provides gouge resistance
- Contoured shape designed for patient comfort and ease of portal palpation
- Beveled suture holes designed for ease of suturing
- ULTRA-LOCK® catheter connector integrated with portal for ease of system assembly
- Portal systems are MR Conditional up to 3-Tesla
- Features of catheter:
- Firm at room temperature for easier advancement into the vein with silicone-like softness at body temperature
- Surface structure shown to be lower in platelet adhesion ((1). Linder L, Curelaru I, Gustavsson B, et al. Material thrombogenicity in central venous catheterization: A comparison between soft, antebrachial catheters of silicone elastomer and polyurethane. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition 1984;8:399-406.)
- Catheter markings for reference during catheter placement
- Contoured tip for ease of advancement into the vein