Special problems require special solutions.
Bivona® Tracheostomy Tube Customization Services provide your patient with a silicone tracheostomy tube designed to fit unusual or difficult airway anatomy. Customized tubes improve the quality of life of your patient in the hospital or home environment by providing a comfortable, individualized tube created just for them.
Easy to follow templates with a comprehensive selection of features and dimensions make designing a tracheostomy tube unique to your patient simple. The Bivona® technician assembles a tube matching your specifications and the tube is shipped based on your choice of a variety of delivery options.
Three templates will assist in determining which style of tube is best suited for you to adapt in order to provide the best match for your patient; Fixed Flange, FlexTend™ and Adjustable Flange.
Four delivery options are available:
Standard Service (non-sterile), 7 days
Express Service (non-sterile), 3 days
Same Day Service (non-sterile), 1-2 days (Only available in the US)
Sterile Service, 4 weeks
Download the latest templates:
- Fixed Flange silicone tracheostomy tubes
- FlexTendTM silicone tracheostomy tubes
- Adjustable Flange silicone tracheostomy tubes
Our broad range of customization options:
Tube Shaft Style
• Standard Silicone
• Hyperflex™ Wire Reinforced Silicone
• Proximal Stoma Cushions
• Standard Anatomical
• Hyperflex™ Wire Reinforced Flexible
• Standard Extensive Range
I.D. / O.D.
• Comprehensive range
• Fome-Cuf® Cuff
• Aire-Cuf® Cuff
• TTS™ Cuff
• Multiple Cuff Configurations
• Stoma Cushion Cuff
• To your specification upon request
• Neonatal (“V” and “Straight”)
• Pediatric (“V” and “Straight”)
Frequently asked questions
A sample of the most frequently asked questions are listed but if you require further assistance, please use the following customer services link: www.smiths-medical.com/customer-support
Q: How do I order?
Fax or email: Choose one of the three forms from www.bivonacustom.com, download the PDF and fill out the form as indicated, click submit to send it electronically, fax it to the number on the form or scan it and send it to Bivonacustomorder@smiths-medical.com Be sure to include your Purchase Order so that your request can be processed.
Order Confirmation: A Customer Service Representative will confirm your order within 24 hours (Monday – Friday).
For an optimal experience, please:
1) Download the form onto your laptop or desktop computer
2) Open the form using Acrobat Reader - this form requires Adobe Reader v.8 or higher. If you don’t have a recent version, you can download an update from: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
3) Complete each section (1-7) of the form in order
4) If you would like to reset the form back to its original un-completed state, press the ‘Reset’ button
5) Send the form electronically using the ‘Submit’ button on the form
- You will be prompted to send the form via your normal Email client (Outlook, Mail etc.) or via Webmail (Gmail, Yahoo Mail) - select the option based on your preference
- A new email will automatically open with your form attached, and the correct email address displayed
- Adjust the email message (if desired) and then hit ‘send’ on the email message to ensure the form is properly sent
Q: Does the delivery option have an impact on the price?
Yes it does and this is not unique to our service. If an express expedited delivery is required it will often require our dedicated laboratory technicians working outside of their normal hours and a courier service which increases the cost too.
Q: How do I reorder a customized tube for the same patient?
Reorders of the same tracheostomy tube can be placed by providing the part number of the tracheostomy tube from your previous order to Bivonacustomorder@smiths-medical.com
Q: What if the customized tube I receive does not match the specifications I submitted?
If you use the Bivona® customization interactive form(s), it is unlikely you will receive a customized tube that does not meet your specifications. However, if you find yourself in that situation, contact the Bivona® customization service at: Bivonacustomorder@smiths-medical.com
Q: What if my patient needs a tube that I can’t create using the options in the template. Can the Bivona® customization service help me create it?
If you need something more specialised, contact the Bivona® customization service at: Bivonacustomorder@smiths-medical.com
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.