Convective warming is a method of maintaining normal body temperature (normothermia) and preventing hypothermia. Research has shown that unintended perioperative hypothermia can have significant effects on patient outcomes including heightened risk of surgical site infections, myocardial ischemia, prolongation of drug effects, bleeding diatheses, and longer hospital stays resulting in increased health expenditures.1, 2, 3
As a worldwide leader in Temperature Management Solutions™, Smiths Medical has developed the Level 1® Convective Warming System to keep patients both comfortable and normothermic. This innovative system consists of Snuggle Warm® Convective Warming Blankets and the EQUATOR® Convective Warmer. Enhanced patient comfort and ease of use make the Level 1® Convective Warming System ideal for a wide a range of clinical applications.
1Hart SR, Bordes B, Hart J, Corsino D, Harmon D. Unintended perioperative hypothermia. The Ochner Journal 2011; 11:259-270.
2Kurz A, Sessler DI, Lenhardt R. Perioperative normothermia to reduce the incidence of surgical-wound infection and shorten hospitalization. New England Journal of Medicine 1996;334:1209-1215.
3Mahoney C and Odom J. Maintaining intraoperative normothermia: a meta-analysis of outcomes with costs. AANA 1999;67:155-164.
Box quantity: 10
Minimum order quantity: 1
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
- Precisely positioned air holes and channel design maximize heat delivery throughout the blanket to keep patients warm and reduce the risk of hot spots.
- Conforms to the patient’s body without lift-off, eliminating the need to tie down or secure the blanket.
- Stays in place when folded back for quick and easy patient access.
- Durable material is resistant to tears, punctures, and fluids.
- Fabric-like feel is soft and comfortable next to the patient’s skin – no hot plastic.
- Radio-translucent material will not interfere with X-rays.
- Material is latex-free and meets flammability standards NFPA 702 and 16 CFR 1610 for safety.
- Multiple styles to meet a wide range of surgical applications and needs.
- From Level 1® – the name you know and trust for patient warming.
Application and Treatment Areas:
Common Applications/Procedures Product is used for:
- Abdominal / thoracic
- Spinal / neuro