Syringe infusion pumps deliver small doses of medication from a variety of syringe sizes in acute care settings.
The Medfusion® 3500 syringe pump is designed to enhance safety while maintaining simplicity to deliver individualized care to patients of all ages. For more than 15 years the Medfusion® syringe pump platform has been recognized for its accurate medication delivery in critical care and the operating room.
- Delivers precise infusion volumes to +/2% accuracy, with delivery rates as low as 0.01mL/hr and up to 1130ml/hr.
- Smiths Medical's multidisciplinary implementation team supports facilities around the globe to successfully install and maintain their Medfusion® infusion systems.
- Onsite and online clinical training for nursing and pharmacy.
- Technical and clinical expertise for customized implementation into your facility.
- PharmGuard® Medication Safety Software helps reduce pump programming errors and associated adverse drug events (ADEs) by encouraging the use of drug libraries with hard and soft limits.
Learn more about the Medfusion 3500 infusion pump through our interactive product tour.
Box quantity: 1
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.
The Medfusion® 3500 syringe infusion pump promotes safety:
- The Medfusion® 3500 auto-default feature promotes your facility’s policies and procedures for medication administration and safety.
- From the moment the pump is powered on, the pump defaults to use the established drug protocols set by your hospital’s pharmacists, so that nursing staff are able to quickly start an infusion with the safety of drug libraries supporting them.
- Hard and soft limits set by your Pharmacist, for each drug and profile, protect against medication errors regardless of your patient’s size or where in the hospital they are receiving care.
- FlowSentry™ monitor provides unmatched pressure sensing technology for earlier clinical intervention.
- Automatically detects various syringe types and sizes, from 1mL to 60mL. A compatible syringe list can be updated to current syringe models from major manufacturers.
- Ergonomic, easy-to-use, horizontal design helps protect the entire syringe barrel and allows single-handed loading of the syringe.
- The large screen, , features high visibility TALLman lettering that displays the full drug name to differentiate look-alike, sound-alike drug names and concentrations.
The Medfusion ® Model 3500 Syringe Infusion Pump is indicated for the following uses:
In the administration of fluids requiring precisely controlled infusion rates including:
- Blood or blood products
- Enteral Solutions
- Other Therapeutic fluids.
By the following delivery routes:
By the following delivery modes:
- Body weight
In the following applications:
- Critical Care
Where the use of the syringe infusion pump can be monitored or supervised by a clinician.