SmartSite® Needle-Free Valve
The SmartSite® Needle-Free Valve is one of the most widely used needle-free systems in the world. The patented SmartSite® Valve is a swabable, capless, 2-way valve for injection/gravity/pump flow or aspiration of fluids. The SmartSite® Valve is a completely closed system.
SmartSite® is a registered trademark of Carefusion, Alaris Products Pat. 5,676,346; Re 35,841. Other Patents issued and pending.
Click on "Image" in table below for larger view of SmartSite® Needle-Free Valve.
- Passive Safety System: SmartSite® Valve requires no extra components or steps to achieve needle-free compliance.
- Easy to Use: SmartSite® Valve Needle-Free System is intuitive and simple to use. Its ergonomic design makes the valve easy to handle.
- High Flow Rates: SmartSite® Valve provides flow rates up to 4500mL/hr.
- High Pressure Rating: SmartSite® Valve can withstand back pressure up to 45 psi.
- Lipid Resistant: SmartSite® Valve is constructed with durable materials, which minimizes cracking due to lipid exposure and stress.
- Straight-Through Fluid Path: SmartSite® Valve features a straight-through, non-tortuous fluid path.
- Latex-Free: SmartSite® Valve is well-suited for latex-sensitive patients.
- Non-DEHP Formulation: SmartSite® Needle Free Valve does not contain DEHP.
- SmartSite® Valve does not contain metal.
- Smooth, Swabable Surface: The SmartSite® Valve features a smooth surface that is easy to clean, promoting greater infection control.
- Small Profile: SmartSite® Valve has a small profile that helps reduce the risk of skin irritation/mechanical phlebitis.
- Customized Sets Available: Specialty Sets with the SmartSite® Valve may be ordered to meet your facility's specific requirements
Please see the Instructions for Use for a complete listing of the indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions.